Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tired Tires Inspiration

When I started cutting up worn bike tires, there was no way to predict how this was gonna turn out.  As I started to place the treads in various designs, I began to see mountain ranges.  I am fascinated by the mountains.  Even as I child, my face would be plastered to the window on winter trips to Angel Fire, NM.  In my early twenties I found out for myself, the mountains of  New Mexico are like hills compared to the San Juan Mountains.   I would get hypnotized by thoughts of summer hikes up the continental divide and snowshoeing at Molas Pass.  Only when you are trekking can you really take in a 360 degree view.   To be humbled by nature's grandeur.





The tribal design was only by accident.  It wasn't until I was half way through with the design that I was told it looked tribal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment